Also known as tinnitus, tinnitus can be a symptom of a more serious ailment. If it is extended in time, we will have to go to the otolaryngologist.
Experiencing a ringing or buzzing in the ear is an uncomfortable situation. Although it is not usually a serious problem, it raises some concern when it occurs on a recurring basis. What to do in these cases?
This condition is known as tinnitus and occurs as a high-pitched or noisy sound, which can be accompanied by headaches and difficulties in concentration.
It is usually seen in one ear, although it sometimes affects both. Its origin is usually infections in the ear canal or some type of injury.
Although it almost always goes away on its own in a short time, it is essential to pay attention to it from the moment it first appears. We must consider that, in certain cases, this symptom may present complications.
For this reason, in the following article we are going to review some of its causes and several solutions of natural origin that help control it. Do not miss it!
Why does ringing occur in the ear?
Ringing in the ear can be constant or intermittent. Sometimes the same sound is heard, while sometimes noises with different pitches are heard. The discomfort is most likely to go away in a few hours or days . If it lasts for more than six months, even manifesting sporadically, it is best to go to the otolaryngologist to determine its origin.
Although tinnitus is not considered a disease, it can be the symptom of other hearing problems of greater care. Some of its main causes are:
- Ear infections.
- Presence of foreign particles inside the ear canal.
- Excessive buildup of earwax.
- Prolonged or direct exposure to loud noises.
- Meniere’s disease.
- Excessive consumption of antibiotics.
- Internal injuries to the ear.
- Nutritional deficiencies.
- Circulatory problems.
- Irritation of the eardrum.
When a person has suffered from tinnitus several times, the consumption of caffeine, alcohol and tobacco can make the symptoms worse. The ringing is often caused by partial or complete hearing loss or an increase in blood pressure. In very small cases, it stems from serious problems such as a tumor.
Naturally derived solutions to soothe a ringing in the ear.
There is no cure to stop ringing in the ear; however, it is important to use some natural remedies to reduce discomfort.
These treatments help to clean the ear canal, or they deflate the area when there is some type of irritation or injury. Take note and keep them always present in case you need them.
This organic oil has antimicrobial compounds that help kill infection-causing bacteria inside the ear. Its application lubricates the ear canal and softens the earwax that usually causes obstructions. How to use?
- Heat some coconut oil, tilt your head, and apply 3 drops to the affected ear.
- Leave your head in this position for 3 minutes and turn it over to drain any debris.
- Clean the outer areas with a clean cloth.
- If you consider it necessary, repeat its use.
On the other hand, castor oil, also known as castor oil, is rich in fatty acids and vitamins and minerals that benefit the body. In this particular case, it cleanses the ear canal and reduces uncomfortable whistling. Please use it as follows:
- Apply 3 drops of castor oil to the affected ear and cover it with a cotton ball.
- Leave it on overnight and repeat its application for a week.
The extracts released by plantain leaves can reduce ear irritation to end the discomfort that occurs due to tinnitus. You can use it in the following way:
- Grind up a young plantain leaf and apply 2 drops of the liquid to the affected ear.
- Tilt your head for 3 minutes and drain the excesses.
- Use it for 3-4 days in a row.
This antibiotic and anti-inflammatory remedy is indicated to control the annoying symptoms suffered by the ear when it develops an infection; of course, the beep is one of them. Its use is very simple:
- Extract some onion juice and put 3 drops in the ear.
- Tilt your head and let it act for 2 more minutes.
- Clean the residue with a damp cloth.
- Repeat its use for 3 days.
Compounds in mustard oil help fight infection-causing bacteria inside the ear . Its texture, among other things, softens the wax to facilitate its removal. How to take advantage of it?
- Heat some mustard oil and, checking the temperature beforehand, apply 3 drops to the ear.
- Let it act for 2 minutes and remove the residue.
- Use it 3 times a week.
As you can see, there are several causes and solutions for this annoying symptom. If the famous ringing in your ear is afflicting you, feel free to try these remedies for quick relief.